In presenting their histories, Clarke skillfully alternates the perspectives for viewing the unfolding events of the narrative.
Clarke introduces Joseph, the patriarch of the influential Jones family, in the early chapters and familiarizes the reader with the family plantations of Liberty Hall, the Retreat, and later Carlawter, Lambright, and Montevideo, as well as the neighboring plantations. Joseph's son Charles quickly becomes the focus of this planter family's history and Clarke traces Charles Colcock Jones's life from adolescence, through his years in the North at Andover Theological Seminary and Princeton College, and into his adulthood proselytizing among Dwelling Place: A Plantation Epic.turnhighpekottbechs.tk
Dwelling Place: A Plantation Epic
Use the link below to share a full-text version of this article with your friends and colleagues. Learn more.
Volume 69 , Issue 2. The full text of this article hosted at iucr.
- Electrochemistry of Zirconia Gas Sensors!
- Civil War History?
- Two first languages : early grammatical development in bilingual children.
- Embodied Geographies: Space, Bodies and Rites of Passage (Critical Geographies).
- Project MUSE - Dwelling Place: A Plantation Epic (review)?
- NSU Libraries /All Locations.
If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, your email address may not be registered, and you may need to create a new Wiley Online Library account. If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve your username. Journal of Marriage and Family Volume 69, Issue 2.
- - Document - Dwelling Place: A Plantation Epic.
- Compressed Earth Blocks. Manual of Design and Construction;
- Wood Machining!
Read the full text. Georgia Center for the Book. Retrieved October 31, The Journal of Southern Religion. The Georgia Historical Quarterly.
The New England Quarterly. The American Historical Review. The Dallas Morning News. Kirkus Reviews.
September 1, Namespaces Article Talk.